My Photo
Name:
Location: Escondido, California, United States

-married -have 2 puppies (Oni and Raven) -25 yrs old -full-time student, full-time banker, full-time mommy

Friday, March 03, 2006

Rash Update

Mina and I went to the doctor this morning and after waiting for about half an hour, I found out that the rash was not from something I ate (the fish tacos). The rash is actually because she's in her transition phase of getting eczema. My mom has it and I guess Mina inherited it from her. She also has really sensitive skin. If she gets too hot, she gets a heat rash. So now I have to go and buy new soap and shampoo for her. The doctor recommended Dove for her body and Head and Shoulders (or something like it) for her scalp. Gary suggested Aveeno instead of the Dove, so I'll probably try that first. We got a prescription for Triamcinalone Cream. So the list of creams go as follows: Nystatin and Triamcinalone cream for her neck, and Hydrocortisone cream for her face and the rest of her body. Every time we give her a bath, we have to pat her dry and then apply a moisturizing cream to seal in the moisture. The rash should start to go away shortly after we start this daily regiment. The doctor also said that her "flare up" was because of the weather right now and because she probably has allergies. I was relieved that the rash had nothing to do with what I ate but I do feel bad that she has such sensitive skin. We were able to give her 2ml of benadryl to help stop the itching. She didn't like the taste as much as the liquid Tylenol we have. So she likes the grape flavor and not bubblegum flavor. So all and all, it was good news.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, I'm so sorry Mina has exzema! :-(

Oatmeal is very good. Not to eat (yet) but in the bath water! My middle son had bad exzema and we were told to put oatmeal in a muslin bag and swish it into the bath water!

And if she has allergies, keep breastfeeding her as long as you can. Cow's milk is terrible for allergies! And don't start her on solid food too soon! (Sorry, I expect you know all this already. I can't help it, it's a mom-thing' ;-))

12:21 AM  
Blogger kiwi said...

No, thank you for the ideas. I love hearing what other mom's have done or had to do. I'm still learning about all of this "mommy stuff."

10:18 AM  
Blogger Brooke said...

I'm glad she's ok and sorry you had to have the scare! (Maybe one day I'll have stuff to ask YOU!)

2:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home