My Photo
Name:
Location: Escondido, California, United States

-married -have 2 puppies (Oni and Raven) -25 yrs old -full-time student, full-time banker, full-time mommy

Monday, January 23, 2006

Work, I Hate It!

When I first went out on maternity leave, I had decided to stay out the full 12 weeks that I was allowed by the state. But after the first couple of checks I received, my husband convinced me to go back to work after only 6 weeks. Although we had enough money to pay the bills, we were just making it (just like Brooke and MB). Of course, I was not happy about this and I really tried to talk my husband into letting me extend my leave. I gave in because I knew he was right. It's been almost a month since I've been back to work. The first week was harder than I thought. I was so cranky because I was away from Mina. One day I called home to see how things were going and I heard Mina crying in the background. I started uncontrollably crying like a big baby. I miss her so much but I know being a "housewife" would have driven me insane. I don't like just staying at home. I'm used to working, being in school, and being a wife. Now I have mommy to add to that list. It has gotten a little easier being away from the baby but it's still hard. I can't wait to get off work and pick her up from my mom's. I miss our play time in the morning after she's eaten. I try to play with her when we get home at night but usually she's sleeping or I'm just too tired. We've sort of gotten a routine down in the morning but sometimes she just wants to sleep. It consists of feeding her, changing her, and trying to play with her. It's hectic in the morning because I try not to wake Daddy up since he gets off at 2:30 in the morning so I have to take care of her and get ready for work. I really didn't want to come back to work because I have come to hate my job. Let's just say that when you work with someone that you can't stand, you don't want to come to work. I was dreading coming back to my job because that person is STILL HERE for reasons I will never understand. I was surprised that the new people that were hired while I was gone are really cool. I would definitely stay if that SOMEONE would quit or get fired. But she wants to make our lives miserable so she stays. Right before I came back to work, I applied at every bank I could think of (sorry Em but you knew it was coming). I've already had a phone interview with a bank really close to home and they want me to come in for a second one. I'm still torn as to whether I will accept the position. It is more money and closer to home. We'll see what happens.

3 Comments:

Blogger Brooke said...

All I have to say is that I never would have hired the idiot.

Don't you miss me even more now??

1:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So sorry you've had to leave Mina so soon! 6 weeks is no time at all! That's one thing we do OK here in the UK. Women get 26 weeks Maternity leave on 90% pay because here we are trying to encourage breastfeeding for as long as possible. My middle daughter-in-law was even able to contine feeding her little girl in the morning and evening for a few months after she went back to work. Thank goodness you have your mom to care for Mina.

Go for the job nearer to home! You'll be able to leave later in the mornings and get back to Mina sooner! Good Luck! Go for it!

3:27 AM  
Blogger Rock said...

Kiwi - make sure you check out my post this afternoon - based on your profile you should dig it.

8:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home