My Photo
Name:
Location: Escondido, California, United States

-married -have 2 puppies (Oni and Raven) -25 yrs old -full-time student, full-time banker, full-time mommy

Thursday, October 27, 2005

Mina's Daddy is Sooo Funny

My husband constantly cracks me up. He's so tall and intimidating but he's just a big teddy bear inside especially when it comes to our baby. He's been an active daddy from the day we found out we were pregnant. He's gone to every appointment and even watched what I ate during my first and second trimesters. He even said from day one that he wanted to decorate the nursery. I couldn't say no to that! So as we've gotten things from our baby showers, he's been putting them together. I just sit there watching him and enjoying the show. Something always seems to happen when he's working on her room. For example, he was putting the bassinet together and neither one of us were sure if he was doing it right. It took him 5 minutes to find the little holes in it that the directions were talking about. First-time parents? That we are! He was setting up her swing today and he called me in the room to show me his accomplishment and to show me how it worked. He showed me how you can collapse it for storage and as he said, "Then you do like this to open it back up but make sure you hear the snap," the leg smacked him in the shin. I started dying from laughter and in between his laughter he managed to say, "not that snap." I can't wait until she's older so I can tell her how funny he was putting her baby things together. At least he's not one of those guys that gets frustrated and breaks the damn thing. He's surprisingly very patient with this stuff.

2 Comments:

Blogger Brooke said...

Yay...Q is back!

Glad you're doing so well and yes, you're right on the "nesting" thing. Very common among ready-to-pop mommies!

12:42 PM  
Blogger John said...

I came across your blog through Emily's. This post reminds me of the VH1 special on Leah Remini's pregnancy and birth, where her husband struggled for what seemed like hours trying to put a crib together. It was hilarious. Meanwhile, she was reading a book about labor in a bubble bath.

9:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home