My Photo
Name:
Location: Escondido, California, United States

-married -have 2 puppies (Oni and Raven) -25 yrs old -full-time student, full-time banker, full-time mommy

Monday, October 03, 2005

Stretchy, Stretchy

Every woman fears them. Actually, I think it's safe to say that they are every woman's worst nightmare. Yes, I'm talking about those dreaded stretch marks. I personally have had stretch marks for a good majority of my life but they've been skin color for quite some time too. As I've gone through my pregnancy, I've waited and waited to see new ones. About 4 months went by and I never saw a new mark. So I was esctatic and thought that I wasn't going to get any new ones (I also thought that I was going to carry my baby low like my mom). Was I ever wrong! I remember the day that I saw my first couple of stretch marks. They looked like two little pink scratches. I even showed my Assistant Manager who was like my second mom when it came to my pregnancy. Ok, so I have two little marks. Nothing to freak out about, right? WRONG! I'm 8 months now, carrying my baby right under my boobs, and the wole area from my waist to my boobs is covered in these damn, ugly marks. I never remembered how ugly stretch marks were when they were new. It looks like my baby has scratched me all over from the inside. At first I started to become self-conscious in front of my husband (I know I'm crazy) because they're just so damn hiddeous. He just felt really bad for me. Looks like the coco butter lotion (not cream) just doesn't work. But you know what? My pregnancy is almost over and I'm to the point now where I just say "screw it." The stretch marks were pretty much inevitable and at least I have a better excuse as to why I have them. I'm pregnant not just fat! So I have excepted my new friends and my husband always tells me that my weight gain and new stretch marks are all love. So I shouldn't complain because it's all because we're having a baby!

Oh yeah, I don't recommend using coco butter lotion. It's too thin.

2 Comments:

Blogger Brooke said...

Hey there Preggy! ;)
So what about those of us who have stretch marks with nothing to show for them?
As you said, screw it!

3:57 PM  
Blogger Brooke said...

(Phew...for a minute there I thought you meant that I had been the one to make an error! 'Cause, you know, life may end or something.)

But yes Emily, I had noticed those too...give the girl a break. SHE'S PREGNANT.

5:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home