My Photo
Name:
Location: Escondido, California, United States

-married -have 2 puppies (Oni and Raven) -25 yrs old -full-time student, full-time banker, full-time mommy

Sunday, November 26, 2006

The First One Is Finally Over

As some of you know, Mina turned one on November 8.We didn't have her birthday party until the 12th.We had the party at a local park We reserved a really nice, huge covered area.The actual party went by super fast, at least for me.The planning, on the other hand, seemed to take forever.I hand made all 30 of her invitations.That was extremely tedious.I think it took me a good two weeks to make them and finally send them out.When I started planning her party, everyone kept asking what the theme was.I had no fucking clue what they meant by theme.Then when I found out what it was, I realized that I didn't have one.We didn't pick the theme until a week before the party.The theme: Hello Kitty (Jose's sister-in-law's idea who made the cutest hello Kitty and Spiderman goody bags).Next question:Do we rent a jumper?I wanted to rent a jumper to keep the kids that were invited busy.Then we found out that pretty much all the kids that were invited weren't going.Lucky for me because I saved a pretty penny. Those things start out at $85 just for a small one!We found the cutest Hello Kitty decorations at Party City but they had the crappiest pinatas.I thought Mina wasn't going to have a pinata because we couldn't find a Hello Kitty pinata.Thankfully we went to local grocery store that had pinatas and I changed it so it had Hello Kitty all over it.To our surprise, my coworker Cele showed up to the party with a huge Hello Kitty-shaped pinata that he got for Mina in TJ.For the food, we decided to have a potluck.Everyone pulled through and we ended up having a great BBQ.My mind was so scattered from planning the party, working, and going to school that I almost forgot to order a cake.We were ableto find a pretty cute Hello Kitty cake at Sam's Club.I honestly didn't think that Mina's first birthday party would be so exhausting.At least I know how to plan..it and hopefully it will get easier each year.Oh yeah, and Mina got her 4th tooth a couple of days before the party (she's currently working on getting her 5th).



| View Show | Create Your Own

Halloween '06


| View Show | Create Your Own













0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home