My Photo
Name:
Location: Escondido, California, United States

-married -have 2 puppies (Oni and Raven) -25 yrs old -full-time student, full-time banker, full-time mommy

Wednesday, July 12, 2006

An Unexpected Result

About three weeks ago, I finally went in to have my first papsmear since having Mina. I was fine with it because I've always had normal results, so you can imagine my shock when they wanted me to call them back. If you didn't guess already, my results came back abnormal. I cried while I was talking to my mom because it hit me that something could be wrong. I went online to see what could cause the abnormal results and what I found wasn't very reassuring. I have to schedule another visit so the doctor can perform a colposcopy. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't worried but I'm hoping for the best. As long as it's nothing life threatening and I can still have kids than I'll be ok. Until the results...

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kiwi, I'm sure you know that looking online is the best way to scare yourself about anything!

Many women get called back for further investigations following 'abnormal' results! Often the second check shows no problem or a very minor problem. Even if it's something more serious, at least you have discovered it and it will be treated! That's what the smear test is for, after all!

Thinking of you, and wishing you very trivial reasons for the abnormal results!

Oh, and where are those new pics of Mina, huh? ;-)

4:15 AM  
Blogger Brooke said...

Well where the heck have I been? There's a whole SLEW of entries I didn't even realize you'd written!

I'm SURE everything is fine, but being the big worrywart I am, I know it must be hard to not be concerned.

Keeping you in my thoughts chica!

11:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home