My Photo
Name:
Location: Escondido, California, United States

-married -have 2 puppies (Oni and Raven) -25 yrs old -full-time student, full-time banker, full-time mommy

Monday, July 03, 2006

Mommy Freakout #3

I feel like the worst mommy ever. Saturday morning Mina was sitting on the bed playing while Jose was sleeping and I was in and out of sleep myself. All of a sudden Jose and I were woken up by a loud thud and screaming. I jumped out of bed and realized that Mina was no where to be seen. I walked to the edge of the bed and there she was sprawled out on her back crying. She obviously had crawled all the way to the edge of the bed and flipped off of it. Jose immediately picked her up and we checked to make sure that nothing was broken. Funny thing: there were no tears. She wasn't crying. She was just really freaked out because she had no idea what had happened. I felt so horrible. My mom warned me that once she started crawling that I would have to watch her like a hawk. I'm just glad she's ok and didn't hurt herself.

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

My November baby has already rolled out of bed twice (wasn't hurt at all, just startled). I have to watch him like a hawk.

I assure you, it happens to EVERYONE. I'm glad Mina's OK.

9:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Don't beat yourself up, Kiwi! They survive!

Brooke's Mr Blogger fell off the bed when he was Mina's age - holding and sucking a spoon! It ripped the little bit of flesh which holds the top lip to the gum, and when I got to him blood was pouring out of his mouth! I don't know which of us was screaming louder! And the louder I screamed the louder he screamed and .... you get the picture! ;-D

And there was the time he rolled off the table top where I had laid him while I was emptying the baby bath. I remember those two incidents clearly, maybe because he was my first child.

Maybe I just got more careful with the next four?

Nah! I guess I'm kidding myself! More likely I just got lucky ;-D

7:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home